Saturday, September 6, 2008

Second Post

How sad - it's the second post, and already I need to apologize.

I've still been cooking but simply haven't had the time/energy to properly write about any of it.

Here's a picture of a recent quickly-thrown-together dinner:
Quick Ravioli Dinner


I used refrigerated spinach & ricotta ravioli I'd been meaning to use for a while and sautéed the chicken apple sausage in the leftover oil from the pan-fried asparagus. The pasta sauce was just a thrown together concoction of olive oil, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, chopped orange bell peppers, onions, and broccoli.

I haven't really been able to get my tomato sauces to taste that different from each other - I've made two tomato sauces before without recipes, and they've tasted almost identical. Maybe the ingredients have been too similar...?

Oh, I just realized that I never got to take a picture of the omelets I made for Matt & Jonathan when they came to visit, but hopefully I will have reason to make them again soon. They were quite tasty, and made good use of my leftover mushrooms and bell peppers. Went marvelously with the homemade Spicy Bean Salsa I had leftover from the housewarming party.

1 comment:

Mo said...

My tomato sauces ALWAYS taste the same. I don't really notice subtle differences in them unless you add something strong like wine. Tomato sauce ingredients are always similar and I think it's more about thickness of the sauce.